Requirements in B.S. in Computer Technology
|CTEC||114||Computing Tools and Environments||3|
|COSC||112||Computer Science I||4|
|COSC||113||Computer Science II||4|
|COSC||214||Data Structures & Algorithms||4|
|CTEC||214||Client Operating Systems||4|
|CTEC||222||UNIX Operating System||3|
|CTEC||226||Intro. to Database Development||3|
- INTERNET TECHNOLOGY AND MULTIMEDIA: Required 8 or 9 semester hours CTEC program electives. For further detailed course information, click here.
- COMPUTER NETWORKING & SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION : Required 15 semester hours CTEC program electives. For further detailed course information, click here
- DATABASE DEVELOPMENT & ADMINSTRATION: Required 15 semester hours CTEC program electives. For further detailed course information, click here
- COMPUTER AND NETWORK SECURITY: Required 9 semester hours CTEC program electives. For further detailed course information, click here
- NOTE: The CTEC Program Track Courses together with the CTEC Program Electives must total at least 27 semester hours.
|MATH||215||Elements of Calculus||4|
|MATH||155||Intro to Probability & Statistics||3|
Two courses from two different natural sciences. At least one course must have an associated laboratory experience. For example:
|ENGL||362||Technical Writing for Computer Science||3|
Note: Computer Technology majors must earn a grade of "C" or better in each course in areas I through VI above.
|ENGL||102||Argument and Research||3|
|Arts & Humanities Elective||3|
Choose from designated General Education courses in art, literature, modern languages, music, philosophy, and theater. (The Arts and Humanities Elective must be in a discipline other than COMM.)
|HIST||114 or 115||African American History||3|
|Social Sciences Elective||3|
Choose from designated General Education courses in anthropology, economics, geography, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, or interdisciplinary social science. (The Social Sciences Elective must be in a discipline other than HIST.)
NOTE: Science (7-8 semester hours), Mathematics (3 semester hours) , and Technology (3 semester hours) General Education Requirements are satisfied by required courses in areas I through V.
Free General Education Electives (9 semester hours) are usually satisfied by courses in area I (Technology Category) and a prerequisite course in area IV (Mathematics Category). Additional Free General Education Electives, if needed, are chosen with Departmental advisement, from designated General Education courses in any category.
Freshmen Seminar (FRSE 101) is required for all entering freshmen and for all transfer students with fewer than 12 credits.
Choose one of the General Education courses designated for this category.
|HEED||102||Life and Health||3|
|HEED||200||Fundamentals of Sex Education||3|
|IDIS||210||Contemporary Issues in Women's Health||3|